Friday, April 6, 2012

Creating A Wonderful Easter Table Setting On A Budget


Creating A Wonderful Easter Table Setting On A Budget
Happy Easter weekend friends! I can't believe I haven't blogged since Christmas! As I was getting the house together for Easter, something inspired me to share. So here we are. As you know, I LOVE decorating for the holidays... I don't normally do too much for Easter, but this year I felt like going all out! My family Easter tradition was always Sunday Easter dinner at my Grandparents. For the past several years they have let me take over the tradition and I love it. I love to host, no matter the occasion. It's a lot of work, but fun at the same time :) To get to the point... I thought I would share my thrifty Easter finds and decorating tips with you! Hope you enjoy and again Happy Easter to you and your family!

Below is my Easter Table. I'm not usually one to decorate
with pastels, but it's Easter! So don't mind the dark curtains and furniture in the background : )


A few months back I came across these old bed skirts. I plan on layering them and sewing them together to make one ruffly bed skirt for my bed... but in the mean time, I decided to layer them on top of the table to make a tablecloth. I found the piece of fabric at the thrift store a couple days ago and thought it would be perfect to make a table topper out of!

I was so excited when I stopped in the thrift store yesterday and found these beauties! All of the mix matched plates came from the thrift store and I paid anywhere from .50 - .90 cents each for them... I even found these beautiful crystal wine goblets there... not as cheap but worth it :)


Another thrift store find... Ceramic Bunnies. They were very cutesy looking until I got a hold of them with a can of white spray paint and now they're chic :) I love spray paint!

These beautiful vintage napkins I dug out of a box my mom had given me. They are all different and were perfect for Easter dinner napkins.

I used miscellaneous watering cans and vases I had around the house to fill full of white tulips. I picked the tulips up at Hobby Lobby on sale for around $4 a bushel. I plan on replacing them with live flowers closer to Easter.

I couldn't resist sharing this... my buddy Max! Always by my side while I'm working :) He thinks I only get the camera out for him :)

Guess who??? While I'm trying to photograph the tablecloth...Lol

Hope you enjoyed and I hope to get back to blogging more!
Take Care! <3 Casandra

No comments: