Monday, November 14, 2011

Growing Up On My Grandparents Farm


There are so many reason why I LOVE my grandparents farm. The memories my family has created there for over 27 years, are absolutely priceless to me.

We moved there Thanksgiving of 1984, when I was two years old. My grandparents reside there to this day.

Growing up, we had every animal imaginable, from horses to peacocks. They only animal my grandparents never homed was a cow... not sure why. Every animal we had were pets to us. Imagine growing up having 3 horses over a dozen turkeys, 6-8 goats, 30 or more rabbits, over a dozen chickens and ducks, 6 peacocks, pigs, potbelly pigs, 10-20 cats and 3 dogs all as pets... It was so much fun! I imagine it wasn't as much fun for my grandparents and mom, who had to take care of them, but I always had something to play with..lol.

The farm has changed over the years... The animals have sense moved on, but the beauty and character of the farm still remains.
I will always consider the farm home.





The view from the front porch of the house.




Present Day
The Outhouse
Present Day



The fence leading into the horse field.
Present Day.





The gate leading into the field.
Present Day


One of our horses Roo... shorter for Rooster because my grandma said I could pronounce Rooster when I was little.


The puppies and the hen and rooster house back in the day.


My horse trainer Bryan.. I think I had a little crush on him back then...lol


The duck house years ago, before we had ducks.


My first time on our horse Cotton with my grandpa.


Grandma and her favorite horse Taffy.


Grandpa and Cotton



The ducks and their pool..



The duck house
Present Day


The back field behind the barn many years ago.. we always loved going sledding back there.


The back of the barn
Present Day
The End.



No comments: