Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Day in Knox County, heading to The Rural Society Antique & Garden Show!


My boyfriend and I's schedules are conflicting so it's rare that we actually get an entire day off together. When I got the invitation from the Urban Farmhouse to attend the Rural Society Antique and Garden Show, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to spend some quality time together, enjoying this beautiful fall weather. Thanks to my lovely boss Kelly for giving me the day off :) We had such a great time! Below are some photographs I captured throughout the day.


This was our first stop.. we were driving down a country road on our way there and I spotted this farm and Zach was nice enough to pull over for me, although he did encourage me to hurry up and take the picture because the place didn't look like it was owned by the type of people that would want random visitors..lol.


We spotted this along the way also. I never could find a sign saying what it had been, but I'm assuming maybe it was an old school house.






Another cool barn along the way. I got a little frighten when a random dog came out of the field behind me. Here I am running back to the Jeep as quick as I can and Zach's not paying any attention playing on his phone. He promised he would watch my back this time so I could go take a better picture :)



This is a view from the road leading back to the Rural Society Antique and Garden Show. It was a little windy but a beautiful day.



We're here!



I love old trucks. This was at the entrance of the show.



There were cats and dogs everywhere. Being the animal lover that I am I loved it!
This was part of Urban Farmhouse's tent and barn.



Beautiful Colors and Display.



A large variety of fun pumpkins and gourds.



The Rooster and Hen House... there were also a couple of white peacocks mixed in, but I couldn't get a good photo of them.



Lots of goodies!



And More!







It was a very beautiful farm.






This was an old abandoned house across the street from the farm. I thought it had a beautiful setting.

My finds for the day. A large vintage frame, vintage juggling pin and watering can.
All and all it was a wonderful day!



No comments: