Thursday, October 6, 2011

An Evening at Little Pennsylvania Cemetery aka Woolyburger



Photographed below is the entrance to Little Pennsylvania Cemetery aka Woolyburgers.
My friends and I used to go here all the time in the middle of the night when I was in high school, hoping for a good thrill. There are many stories that circulate our town about it being haunted and occult human and animal sacrifices going on there often. Supposedly there is a shack/house in the woods that they have their sacrifices in. My boyfriend grew up fishing at the pond located off one of the trails in the cemetery and he says he has never come across any shed or house. Some people claim that the house only shows up after midnight.


There are also many stories about how it got it's name Woolybugers. One is that a large Bigfoot like creature called a woolyburger has been spotted and lives there... I've never seen it. Actually I've never seen anything scary there. The scariest experience I've ever had there happened tonight... and that was just bats dive bombing us to eat bugs!

I've always been curious about this place so today I thought I would go in the evening and check it out in the day light. Not so scary then... but I did scream twice. Once when I saw a dead animal at the beginning and again when a walnut fell from the tree..lol.


The oldest tombstone we found was dated back to 1821.
The most recent one was dated 1996.




This was the tombstone I most wanted to see. I left thinking I didn't find it. Turns out I took a picture of it and didn't realize it was it until I got home.
Story has it that The Willy Boucher house stood for years across the road from the cemetery. Supposedly Willy Boucher went crazy and butchered his wife and children and then took his own life after. His spirit was known to haunt his old house.
The house was burnt down years ago, but I'm not sure when.
This is the final resting place for his family. This is his son's stone. The child was not even one when he died or was murdered.

Why not take a cute couple photo in the middle of a "haunted" graveyard?

Say cheese Mom!

An old large tree in the middle of the cemetery



Mom and my boyfriend taking a break

I love this time of year.. it's one of the best months! I Can't wait to blog about my experience this weekend... when we check out the haunted Mansfield Prison!


2 comments:

{Vintage Sweet Pea} said...

I so have been their too! You are braver then me!gotta love this time of year!!

KristieBoucherMoore said...

My great grandfather's brother was Willie Boucher. The stories of them all being murdered are not true. He died as a child and then the family moved to Kansas later on in the 1870's. If you'll notice on the headstone it says son of G. and S. So this Willie is not the son of a Willy, he was the son of my George Boucher and Sarah May. Interesting how history gets turned around. :D I love researching the stories behind this cemetery.