Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall is Here!


I'm so excited that it's pumpkin season!
I just picked these up from a farm down the street from me. They always have such a great selection.




This years creation out of some of the pumpkin I picked up. It was so easy. I picked up the straw hat from the thrift store on my way home from work. Called my mom and asked her to bring over her big spare button jar. Picked the pumpkins up from the farm. Cut down a few limbs out of the tree in the yard. Staked the pumpkins together and it all came together in about 15 minutes. I think he needs some pumpkin kids.



This years weather is perfect for the mums. They are so bright and beautiful this year!



This is some of my porch decor. I picked up the chair that has the pot in it at a flea market, I think for $5. The little red kids chair I pick up at a yard sale this summer for $1. My latest find was last night at the thrift store I found that beautiful white cast iron pot holder for $4. I think I'm going to incorporate it in my room as a jewelry holder but for now I put a warty looking pumpkin on it!



This is my scarecrow - Farmer Fred. I made him a few years ago. Again such a simple DIY project. I purchased all of his clothes and accessories from the thrift store for under $12 total. I found the pumpkin head at Big Lots for I believe $8. We had some spare wood around, so I cut it up and screwed two pieces together to make a cross shape. Cut a hole in the middle of the overhauls and put the clothes on the cross and stuffed it with plastic Kroger bags and straw. I used the Kroger bags for some filling because if you used all straw it would get really heavy and fall over when it rained. I used twine to tie around the arms and legs to keep the straw in place. Pinned his hat on his head and staked him in the ground. Just as simple as that.


Can't wait to share more Treasures and DIY projects with you! Until then enjoy every minute of this beautiful fall weather. If you don't take a minute to stop and look around you might just miss the leaves changing! Enjoy!

No comments: